- Tour code: CL-G-07
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 9 hours
- Starts/ends: On your request
- Attractions: Gubeikou, Jinshanling
Day by Day Itinerary
Enjoy an uncrowded adventurous?hike to see the Great Wall at Gubeikou, and a day to remember for the rest of your life. Pass through Spider Valley,?take a detour through military land, hear fantastic Great Wall?history, Best views from seating at 24 window tower, a yummy farm style lunch, friendly guide are included in the price.
- Optimal season: All year around, best time: March-December
- Area: Muyun district, Luanping county
- Begin in: Your hotel in Beijing
- End in: Your hotel or central-located place in Beijing
- Terrain: Rolling to hilly
- Min altitude: 270m
- Max altitude: 475m
- Physical rating: Moderate
- Departure: Daily departing from Beijing
You will be collected from your accommodation at 7.30 am or you could choose the best time for you for a wonderful day hike from Gubeikou to Jinshanling. The adventure begins gently at Gubeikou village with a short climb up to a broken tower. Walk eastward and enjoy plenty of photography stops before you reach General Tower. From there you will capture the true nature of Gubeikou mountain.
After 1 hours’ gradually climbing through several towers, then you will reach?24 window tower. At here, a large part of the wall belongs to the military area. You will descend into the basins of the Spider Valley. From here it is a gentle walk through the corn fields to the hilly trail.
Along the way you will pass through an abandoned house, complete with a well and a mid-sized water store in the middle of the Valley. Going through the hilly trail in 1.5 hours then walk back to the wall -Jinshanling west. ?After a short climb you will reach West five window Tower.?Here you can sit in the tower and gaze down the spider valley.
You’ll get off the wall at the renowned?Zhuanduokou.?Enjoy a yummy farm style lunch at Bakeshiying town then your vehicle will take you back to Beijing.
Gubeikou is around 12 miles /20 km long and is divided into four sections: Simatai Jinshanling Panlongshan and Wohushan.?Hiking from Gubeikou towards Jinshanling takes 4 -5 hours. This tour will let you explore true wilderness of Gubeikou in a?informative and easy way, maximise your time in the wilderness and enjoy an uncrowded adventurous?hike.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
Excluded (Not Included)
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
- Cable car on Jinshanling section Great Wall
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can caculate accordingly!
1. The quoted price is for a 8-9 hour tour per day.?If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.2. Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY ?for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY ?for the driver.
3. Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
4. For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals, away from tourists. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
5. We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won’t mix you with others.
6. Our tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won’t take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time.