- Tour code: CL-G-06
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 9 hours
- Starts/ends: On your request
- Attractions: Huanghuacheng, Xishuiyu
Day by Day Itinerary
Explore the unique water Great Wall in the company of experienced knowledgeable guides for an unforgettable outdoor experience. Participate in full day of Huanghuacheng Great Wall and mountain walking at your own pace,?enjoy the tranquility of wild Great Wall followed by home-grown meal?in a fascinating day.?Ideal for active Great Wall holiday seekers.
- Optimal season: All year around, best time: March-December
- Area: Huairou county
- Begin in: Your hotel in Beijing
- End in: Your hotel or central-located place in?Beijing
- Terrain: Rolling to hilly
- Min altitude: 327m
- Max altitude: 589m
- Physical rating: Moderate
- Departure: Daily departing from Beijing
What better way to explore Huanghuacheng Great Wall than by foot.?You will be collected from your accommodation at 7.30 am or you could choose the best time for you for a wonderful day out to Huanghuacheng. The adventure begins at Zhuangdaokou village where you ascend via a hilly trail westward to?Xishuiyu.
The starting point is easily accessible. From the valley you walk upwards through the stunning watchtowers.?The track is dilapidated but easy to follow.?The wall between the first and second tower is ruined. Due to overgrown bushes, you have to walk along the very edge of the wall, quite high above the ground. Take your time and enjoy the views.
Climbing up the fourth tower?could be a bit scary, but very easy grips and safe. You need to climb into the tower, around a 1.4 m step, it’s at the edge of the wall, and there is a drop of several meters under you. The sixth tower serves as a turning point for you. From here the left part of the wall can be seen clearly in front of you.?In the right following, the wall falls rapidly to the lowest point and rises to the mountain peak. Turn left and keep walking you will reach the seventh tower.
The ninth tower was on the mountaintop and is totally weathered.?From here?the view is amazing! You will have spectacular panorama of Huanghuacheng, and the broken wall running underneath the water!?Take it slow and enjoy the views.
From here, the wall is too broken to walk safely, so you will take a?short nature walk through the hilly trail to Xishuiyu village, where you will enjoy country-style lunch and have a break.?The entire guided walk is about 5 miles /8 km and takes roughly?3 – 5 hours. You will not only see the?wild beauty of Huanghuacheng?but to touch, taste, smell and listen to it. This is much more than just a walk.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
Excluded (Not Included)
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can caculate accordingly!
1. The quoted price is for a 8-9 hour tour per day.?If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.2. Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY ?for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY ?for the driver.
3. Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
4. For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals, away from tourists. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!