- Tour code: CL-TP-04
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 4 Days
- Starts/ends: On your request
- Attractions: Tian’anmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall at the Mutianyu section, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Pearl Market, Hutongs, Lama Temple
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Tianjin Port - Beijing by road
Your tour guide will meet you at the exit of the Tianjin Port Cruise Terminal holding a sign with your name. The main terminal is composed of the custom house, luggage area and waiting halls. Your cruise ship docks just by the main building.
After Chinese lunch, visit the Forbidden City in the afternoon. The Forbidden City was the Chinese imperial palace from the mid-Ming Dynasty to the end of the Qing Dynasty. Then move on to Tian'anmen Square, the largest public square in the world. After the half day city tour in Beijing, you will be transferred to your hotel in Beijing.
Day 02: Beijing Great Wall Excursion
Pick up at your hotel around 8:00am. Head to the Mutianyu Great Wall. The Mutianyu area is less crowded than Badaling Great Wall. The Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings - dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. There are three ways (optional) to head up and down besides hiking on foot. One is the cable car, the second is a sideway (toboggan) and the third is a chair lift. After approximately a 1 and 1/2 hour drive, we will visit the Summer Palace, a summer resort for Imperial Family Members considered the best preserved Imperial Park. Then you will be transferred to your hotel in Beijing.
Day 03: Beijing City Tour
Temple of Heaven - the largest Imperial place of worship from ancient times. This special place becomes a park where the local communities utilize this beautiful and enormous space for social activities such as singing, dancing, and Taiji practice.
Pearl Market - Here you can find those fun knock-off brand bags, shoes, and watches as well as pearls. There is a little bit of everything here, and you will surely find some great souvenirs to bring home to family and friends.
Hutongs - (old residential area) where tour transportation changes into rickshaws. The 30 minute rickshaw tour stops at a local family where travelers can get insight into the home settings, culture, and life of traditional Beijingers.
Lama Temple - the largest and most well-preserved Tibetan Buddhist Temple in Beijing.
Day 04: Depart from Beijing
Private transfer from your hotel in Beijing to Beijing Capital International Airport for your flight going home or free activity on your own.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- One way transportation service from Tianjin port - Beijing
- One way Beijing airport drop off service
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
- Round Trip cable car or chair lift up and toboggan down the wall
Excluded (Not Included)
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can calculate accordingly!
- The quoted price is for a 8 - 10 hour tour per day.If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.
- Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY for the driver.
- Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
- For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals with great dishes. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant or order dishes more than our budget then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
- Forbidden City is closed every Monday
- For the last day, the guide will finish the tour when you finish the sights, the driver will drop you off at the Tianjin port after the tour