- Tour code: CL-C-03
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 5 Days (3 Days in Beijing 2 Days in Xi'an)
- Starts/ends: on your request
- Destination: Beijing, Xi'an
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1：Beijing -Quintessential Beijing
The tour will begin by personally being picked-up at your hotel in the morning between 8:30am and 9:00am. Your wonderful day will commence at Tian’anmen Square, with a leisurely 30 minute stroll around this world’s largest public square. We then head north to Tian’anmen Rostrum with the well known and famously photographed colossal portrait of Mao. Continuing north to the Forbidden City, we will spend 1 1/2 to 2 hours exploring these magnificent ancient grounds. Then climb up the Jingshan Park where you can see the panoramic view of the Imperial Palace. After an appetizingly lunch, we proceed to the Temple of Heaven, the largest Imperial place of worship from ancient times. This special place becomes a park where the local community utilize this beautiful and enormous space for social activities such as singing, dancing, and Taiji practice.
As an optional excursion, you may choose to include the deliciously famous Peking Roast Duck Dinner and the Gongfu Performance at the Red Theatre. Please notify us if would like to take advantage of this special, exciting addition.
Day 2: Beijing-The Great Wall
On Day 2, you will be picked up at your hotel between 8:00am and 8:30am for a 2 hour drive to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, the most perfect famous and ideal section of the Great Wall. Take the cable car or chair lift up the wall and spend 1 or 2 hours hiking up and down from one section to another, seeing the Watch Towers and marveling at the construction and beauty of the Great Wall. You can take the exhilarating toboggan ride back down the wall or simply return the way you came. After delicious lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, we head to 798 Dashanzi Art District, where unique art galleries, artist studios, and delicious eateries abound. If you are not interested it then you can also have another choice for shopping at the Silk Market. Here you can find those fun knock-off brand bags, shoes, and watches as well as silk. There is a little bit of everything here, and you will surely find some great souvenirs to bring home to family and friends. Please note: you should bargain there
Day 3: Beijing-From Hutongs to Palaces
On Day 3, you will be picked up at your hotel between 8:30am and 9:00am. We will drive to the Hutongs (old residential area) where tour transportation changes into rickshaws. The 30 minute rickshaw tour stops at a local family where travelers can get insight into the home settings, culture, and life of traditional Beijingers. After a 30 minute drive, we arrive at the Lama Temple-the largest and most well-preserved Tibetian Buddhist Temple in Beijing. After a delicious Chinese Vegetarian or other local style lunch, we arrive at the Olympic Stadium to visit the the unique architecture of the "Bird Nest" and "Water Cube" (outside view). After that, we take a 20 minute drive to the Summer Palace, a summer resort for Imperial Family Members~considered the best preserved Imperial Park. After dinner at your own cost, you will be dropped off at the train station for the night train to Xi’an. (Z 19 four soft sleepers in one cabin 11 hours Z19: 20:40pm-08:31am)
Day 4: Xi’an- Ancient Warriors and Ancient Traditions
You will be personally escorted from the train station and transferred to the hotel. After check-in, we leave for a visit to the Terra-cotta Warriors Museum which will include the 3 hour discovery tour of the mystery of the Terra-cotta Warriors-widely regarded as one of the eight wonders of the world. Leaving the Museum, we will have a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. For the remainder of the day, we will visit the Big Goose Pagoda ~~ a very well-known holy place for Buddhism. It is very special as the famous monk, Tan, translated the Buddhist scriptures into Chinese after his journey to India. Then walking around the Muslim Street to end our exciting tour. As an optional excursion: Tang Dynasty Show with dumplings. Please notify us if would like to take advantage of this special, exciting addition.
Day 5: Xi’an-Beijing
You will be picked up at your hotel between 8:30am and 9:00am to visit the Hanyangling Museum, which is also called “JingDi’s Tomb”. It is located near the airport about 30km north of Xian City. This is a burial sight for Emperor Jingdi and his wife Empress Wangzhi. This tomb could be dated back to 2,100 years ago. It is the only underground museum in China. We then proceed to tour the Drum Tower & Bell Tower : The Drum Tower was built in 1380 during the early Ming Dynasty, and got its name from the huge drum located within the building. In contrast to the Bell Tower, where bell was stricken at dawn, drum was beat at sunset to indicate the end of the day. In the afternoon, after a delicious lunch we will head to the City Wall. During the reign of Hongwu, first emperor of the Ming dynasty, the City Walls were built from the foundations of the walls of the Tang Forbidden City. Ending our exciting tour, then transfer to the train station and take the night train back to Beijing. (Z20:19:21pm-06:58am)
Day 6: Arrive Beijing
Be picked up at the Beijing railway station & Transfer to the Beijing hotel or Beijing airport! ( just transportation only )
(The Beijing driver will meet you at the North 2 Exit)
- English-speaking tour guide service fee (Beijing & Xi'an)
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Train station transfers between Beijing & Xi'an city
- Round trip domestic trains between Beijing and Xi’an (soft sleepers four berths in one cabin)
- Rickshaw ride at the hutongs
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
- Round Trip cable car or chair lift up and toboggan down the wall (If you want to choose the cable car up and toboggan down the wall then you have to cover the price difference as the cable car and toboggan belong to two different companies which will change more than just buy the round trip from one company)
Excluded (Not Included)
- Accommodations in Beijing & Xi’an
- Entrance tickets to the Bird Nest & Water Cube
- Gratuities to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height and age! Pls let us know your children's height and age so we can calculate accordingly! Pls email us for details
- The quoted price is for a 8 hour tour per day.If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.
- Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY for the driver.
- Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
- For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals with great dishes. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant or order dishes more than our budget then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
- We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won't mix you with others
- Out tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won't take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time