- Tour code: CL-C-01
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 12 hours
- Destination: Terra-cotta Warriors, City Wall, Muslim Street
Day by Day Itinerary
This tour is designed for people who are keen to see the entombed Terracotta Warriors but have very limited time. A two-hour flight takes you to the ancient capital city where your guide will show you the highlights and deliver you back to Beijing on the same day.
Early in the morning pick-up from your hotel in Beijing at around 5am to 5:30am, then transfer to Beijing airport and take early morning flight for Xian (normally flight is around 7am to 8am for 2 hours flight). Arriving in Xian, met by our representative in Xian and transferred to drive to Terra－Cotta Warriors. To visit Army of Terra Cotta Warriors is the main reason why you are here in Xian. You may have already seen its pictures from China travel books or China tour related travel websites. The original site was found by a local farmer drilling a well in 1974. Now it has turned into the most important attraction in Xian - Terracotta Warriors and Horse Museum. It is located about 50km east of the Xian City. The museum includes Pit 1, Pit 2 and Pit 3 as well the exhibition hall of the chariots and horses. The Pit 1 is the largest of the three. The museum and the mausoleum are listed the world's cultural legacies as the UNESCO.
After that you will take lunch in a local Chinese restaurant (normally the lunch will be around 14:00pm). Then head to the City Wall. The main magnet of Xian is the city wall, which is the most complete city wall that has survived in China as well as being one of the largest ancient military defensive systems in the world. It was enlarged in Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) from the city wall initially built in Tang Dynasty (618 -907). Now it is 12 meters tall, 12-14 meters wide overing 14 kilometers in length with a deep moat surrounding it. You can walk, even cycle on the wall at your own cost. Its south gate is the most largest with a suspension bridge. Most of the tourists choose the south gate for sightseeing.
After Chinese lunch at downtown Xi'an, visit the Muslim Quarters (excluding the visit to the Great Mosque). Xian Muslim Quarters is just located behind ( north of ) the Drum Tower. The Xian muslim quarters is a delightful place you mustn't miss! The bazaar in the Muslim area is most attractive with a wide area of stalls selling everything. The streets and walkways are full of life. The shopping is great, very cheap and some unusual items we will seldom see anywhere else in China.
After the tour, take evening flight (8pm-9pm) back to Beijing. The Beijing driver will meet you at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Beijing.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee in Xi'an
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver (Airport transfers in Beijing & Xi'an)
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Round Domestic Flight between Beijing & Xi'an (Economic Seat)
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
Excluded (Not Included)
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height and age! Pls let us know your children's height and age so we can calculate accordingly! Pls email us for details
- The quoted price is for a 12 hour tour per day.
- Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
- For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals with great dishes. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant or order dishes more than our budget then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget!
- We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won't mix you with others
- Out tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won't take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time